Friday, November 4, 2016

The Russians Are Coming

"the companies think it's time we all sit down, have a serious get-together-

And start another war” *


When I went walking, the world to see, five people came to talk with me. The first was a boy who was missing a nose. He said that the good that we do only grows. The next was a man without any hands

"Hell, Afghanistan's no fun
So whadya say?
We don't even have to win this war.” *

"We had Libya all ready to go and Colonel Khadafy's hit squad
didn't even show up. I tell ya
That man is unreliable.“ *


"He died knowing that even his soul was not safe from the hell-blade borne by the wolf-faced albino.” *


"But none of that helps now that the UK army can barely deploy a brigade of infantry, or field a working aircraft carrier, or prevent Russian war planes buzzing Dorset.” *


Who said that simple joys make no demands. The third was


Even though a loop can go on endlessly, and you can see another column right there, you'll never get there. Not in 30 years. Or maybe it's a Mobius strip and you'll get there no matter what


"Doing homework?”

"No, writing a poem”


growing up you think of your mental background as songs but write enough and there comes a time when your mental soundtrack is primarily things you've written and read


"Are you believing the morning papers?
War is coming back in style
There's generals here, advisors there
And Russians nibbling everywhere” *


"In the name of world peace
In the name of world profits
America pumps up our secret police
America wants fuel
To get it, it needs puppets
So what's ten million dead?
If it's keeping out the Russians” *


"On its cover, repeatedly displayed on the TV screens of TVO’s viewers, is the Symbol of Chaos —Dugin’s no less malevolent version of the swastika.” *


"You want me to explain to you how Europe’s Gaslighting Abusive Boyfriend is a threat to the country I happen to live in?” *


When people dream beauty, and decide to write, they write trees in glory, trees in the day. But I find my dreaming slipping away to trees in the fog and mysterious night


I lie to her too. I tell her that everything is basically going OK // postmodernism can be a jumble of quotes from low culture sources and some self reference

My friends laughed when I listened to the Dead Kennedys in 1985 it was supposed to be my youth not 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment